Caramel Coconut Cracker Toffee
Delicious Caramel Coconut Cracker Toffee is a scrumptious treat you must try! Transform those graham crackers into this decadent treat in just minutes!
Have you tried it yet? Based off my original Saltine Toffee Recipe, today’s version has Chocolate and Coconut!
It’s no secret that I love Samoa Girl Scout Cookies. I even created a truffle recipe that tastes JUST like the cookie…but in candy form. This candy recipe today is inspired by those cookies.
You’ve got caramel (toffee). Chocolate. Coconut. Crispy cookie (toffee). And I threw in some pecans, because, why not?
How to make Chocolate Coconut Cracker Toffee:
Use a metal baking sheet for best results. You can line it with parchment paper, but I just lay my graham crackers right on the pan.
Melt the butter and sugar in a small pan until it begins to boil. Once it boils, pour it over your graham crackers (on the pan).
Sprinkle generously with your toppings: coconut and pecans. I use sweetened shredded coconut. It doesn’t toast up completely, instead it leaves a slightly chewy texture on top of the toffee. If you prefer to have toasted, feel free to toast your coconut FIRST (350 degree/10 minutes).
Cook your toffee for about 15 minutes. It will be bubbly and caramelized.
Allow toffee to sit in the pan for about 10 minutes, to soak up all the caramel. Using a large spatula, scoop big pieces onto a piece of parchment paper. It’s okay if they aren’t uniform pieces, you’re going to break them up into smaller sizes.
Melt chocolate according to package and spread over toffee (the toffee can still be warm). Allow toffee to harden and chocolate to set (about 30 minutes). ENJOY!!
How to store Cracker Toffee
Keep toffee in airtight container at room temperature.
Toffee will stay fresh for about one week.
MORE CRACKER TOFFEE RECIPES:
- Peppermint Cracker Toffee
- Smores Toffee
- Peanut Butter Cracker Toffee Recipe
- Christmas Crack
- White Chocolate Pecan Cracker Toffee
- Cranberry Bliss Cracker Toffee
- Oreo Toffee
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
- 14 Graham Crackers, full size
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking sheet with graham crackers. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and sugar over medium high heat. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously. Once boiling, remove from heat and pour over graham crackers, making sure to coat them evenly.
- Sprinkle the pecans and coconut over the crackers.
- Bake for about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10-15 minutes. Using a large spatula, scoop big pieces onto a piece of parchment paper on your counter.
- Melt chocolate according to package and spread over toffee. Allow toffee to harden and chocolate to set, about 30 minutes. Store in airtight container for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 28mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 7g Protein: 1g
Recipe originally published May 2, 2016
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**