Looking for the easiest fudge recipe ever? This Easy Rocky Road Fudge is your answer! Every bite of this soft chocolate fudge is filled with chunky nuts and bits of marshmallow.
Make some Rocky Road Fudge along with a batch of Eggnog Fudge to complete your holiday treat trays! Or whip up some easy chocolate fudge with no mix-ins!
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe is Best
Making fudge at home doesn’t have to be difficult. With just a few ingredients and tips for how to make chocolate fudge, you are only steps away from a decadent dessert.
I have so many easy candy recipes on this site. But this one is EXTRA easy because you don’t even have to fire up the stove. If you have a microwave and a mixing bowl, you can make Rocky Road Fudge.
- No candy thermometer needed!
- Two kinds of chocolate for amazing flavor.
- Made in the microwave. No stove top cooking required!
Love chocolate and marshmallow? Try our marshmallow brownies next. Thick and fudgy with a layer of gooey marshmallows and chocolate frosting. Or give our mississippi mud cake recipe a try next.
Chocolate Chips – I use both semi-sweet morsels and milk chocolate morsels. This combination creates a bold chocolate flavor with perfect sweetness.
Peanut Butter – This gives the chocolate fudge a slightly nutty flavor and gives the fudge a soft consistency as it sets. Use a regular PB, not one that needs to be refrigeratred.
Nuts – Peanuts and almonds are both delicious in Rocky Road Fudge. Use what you have on hand! A combination of both kinds of nuts would be tasty too.
Mini marshmallows – Rocky Road isn’t complete without marshmallows! Miniature ones are best. Or use full sized marshmallows cut into bite sized pieces.
Prepare the pan: Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Pour 1 cup of the marshmallows into bottom of dish.
Melt chocolate: In a large microwave safe bowl, combine semi sweet and milk chocolate with peanut butter. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each one, until fully melted. Continue stirring until smooth. Mine took about 60 seconds total in the microwave.
Add mix-ins: Fold in your remaining mini marshmallows and peanuts.
Set: Pour chocolate mixture over marshmallows in baking dish. Refrigerate for several hours or until firm. Cut into bite sized pieces and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Store Rocky Road Fudge in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Keep the fudge freshest by slicing “as you go.” (Only cut as many squares of fudge as you’ll be serving or eating at one time.)
- If you prefer a darker chocolate flavor, use more semi-sweet morsels instead of milk chocolate.
Yes! I would use a double boiler to melt the chocolate (or a glass bowl over a pot of simmering/boiling water). Melt your chocolate and peanut butter together, until smooth.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- First up, these Rocky Road Clusters. Change up the way you make today’s recipe, and serve it in fun little clusters. Perfect for bake sales!
- You’ll love the delicious flavor combination in this sweet Cranberry Orange Fudge recipe! Perfect for Mother’s Day!
- When it comes to fudge, Cookies and Cream Fudge should always top the list. Packed with Oreos and flavor, you can’t resist this classic treat!
Rocky Road Fudge
- 2 ½ cups miniature marshmallows divided
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 11 ½ ounces milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 ½ cups peanuts or almonds
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Pour 1 cup marshmallows into bottom of dish.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the chocolates and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and add an additional 30 seconds. Continue stirring until smooth (you may need to microwave an additional 30-60 seconds).
- Fold in remaining 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows and peanuts.
- Pour chocolate mixture over marshmallows in baking dish. Refrigerate until firm, several hours. Cut into bite sized pieces and enjoy.
Perfectly sweet, soft and nutty Easy Rocky Road Fudge is an irresistible treat! No candy thermometer or stove required.
This is crazy delicious and so easy to make! I am making another batch today!
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing rocky road fudge recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!
Wow! My favorite ice cream is Rocky Road, so when I saw this I knew I had to try it. I’m so glad I did! Incredible!! Thank you!
Can this be put in freezer?
Can I omit th PB, entirely?
This isn’t my recipe but if you omit the peanut butter it’ll just be chocolate bars and will be too hard. If you have an allergy try subbing another nut butter or sun butter if it’s all nuts your allergic to.
I added a 1/2 cup of Nutella and left out the nuts. OMG so good!