Lime Swirled Icebox Cookies
Remember these Valentine’s cookies? Yeah, I tricked them out for St.Patrick’s day. Such an easy cookie to make and keep in the freezer until you are ready to bake!
These have a nice citrus taste thanks to the Lime flavored Jello. You could totally add in some lime zest too. I had no fresh limes in the house at the time. But I totally would have done it.
I’m sure in the next couple weeks I’ll have some more “green” treats to share, so stay tuned! Also, make sure you check out my social icons to the right.
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp lime gelatin powder
- 1/4 tsp green gel food coloring
- 1/4 cup green sugar sprinkles
- In mixer, beat butter with vanilla sugar until fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Add eggs.
- In separate bowl, mix flour with baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture. Divide dough in half.
- To one half add in vanilla extract. Lay dough on large sheet of parchment paper. Lay a second sheet of parchment on top of dough. Roll dough to form a 12 inch x 8 inch rectangle. Freeze dough for about 15 minutes.
- With second half of dough add in gelatin and food coloring. Lay dough on parchment paper, with a second sheet on top. Roll dough to form a similar sized rectangle. Freeze dough 15 minutes.
- Remove both sheets of dough from freezer. Remove top layer of parchment paper for each rectangle. Lay sheets of dough together (with parchment on outside). Remove one sheet of parchment paper (dough should have one remaining on bottom). Slowly peel dough from bottom parchment by rolling up the long end. You are going to form a log of dough. Tightly roll this dough and rewrap in parchment. Freeze until ready to use.
- When ready to bake, wet fingertips with water. Roll log of dough in sprinkles. Slice 1/4inch thick and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 7-9 minutes (in a 350 degree oven).
**note** See my recipes for vanilla sugar. If you don't have vanilla sugar, scrape one vanilla bean into your granulated sugar and continue the recipe as written.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**