Eggnog French Toast

by aimee @ shugarysweets on December 5, 2011

I have two delicious eggnog recipes to share with all of you this week. I know. I know. Some of you despise eggnog. You have told me on facebook, through email, and on twitter. It’s okay. Take a break today and go read about this french toast casserole instead. You won’t hurt my feelings. Just don’t judge me for wanting to share my love for the creamy holiday drink!

I made this for the kids one morning, and I think it was a hit! The youngest who doesn’t like eggnog didn’t even notice. Although, I thought it had a clear eggnog taste to the recipe, so don’t think you can fool people. She’s just fool-able (totally a word).

Try making this for your next holiday brunch. Enjoy!

Eggnog French Toast
by Shugary Sweets
Prep Time: overnight
Keywords: bake breakfast eggnog Christmas winter
Ingredients (serves 8)
  • 1 loaf sandwich bread (about 14 slices)
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 cup eggnog
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tsp rum flavoring
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
In large bowl whisk eggs with eggnog, milk and rum flavoring. Dip each slice of bread in mixture and lay, overlapping, in 13x9 baking dish, until all bread is used. Pour any remaining mixture over bread. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to bake, in small bowl mix melted butter with brown sugar. Pour over bread (sprinkle with pecans if desired). Bake uncovered in 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Enjoy warm!
Powered by Recipage

**If you enjoyed this Eggnog French Toast, go check these great eggnog recipes out!
Eggnog Breakfast Crumble Cake by Jessica at How Sweet It Is
Eggnog Bread by Mandy at Mandy’s Recipe Box
Eggnog Donuts by ShugarySweets

Linked To:
Market Yourself  Melt in your Mouth  Sweet Indulgences  Little Birdie  Tuesday Talent Show Tasty Tuesday
Totally Tasty Tuesday  These Chicks Cooked  Wow Me  It’s a Party Full Plate I’m Lovin It  Tasty Tuesday

ITheeCook December 5, 2011 at 11:55 am

Omgosh…I love eggnog french toast! I make it every Christmas morning!

Jocelyn December 5, 2011 at 1:28 pm

I am one of the ones who LOVES eggnog…but only in small quantities and with rum:-) I could definitely go for some of this french toast too!!!! I’m thinking Christmas morning for sure!!!

Amy Cardenas December 5, 2011 at 2:26 pm

This looks so good! My husband and I both failed at making french toast yesterday morning, so I hope that when I attempt to make this that it will come out better!!! ;) BTW, I LOVE eggnog!!!! :D

Kat@LifeofaCupcakeBaker December 5, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Just discovered your blog via pinterest!!

This blog definitely makes me smile, I will be grab a cuppa now and drool over it for the next 2 hours!!

peanutbutterandpeppers.com December 6, 2011 at 4:30 pm

Yum! This recipe looks super delish!! I love that you added rum, perfect combo!! This recipe would make me want to wake up early and have breakfast!

Stephanie December 7, 2011 at 3:05 pm

ohhhh yum, this looks RIGHT up my alley!

New follower :)

Stephanie

Jamie December 7, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I LOVE eggnog but never thought to use it for french toast. I will have to try this.
P.S. I have a giveaway going on. Come over and check it out.

Jamie

Kelly December 7, 2011 at 11:36 pm

I’m totally a collector of french toast recipes and this one totally just got bookmarked! Sounds super yummy, I will have to try! -Kelly, Semi Homemade Mom

Donna December 9, 2011 at 5:38 am

your eggnog donuts were ALREADY on my list of things to make and here’s another great one I want to try…keep up the great work!

Miz Helen December 10, 2011 at 5:53 pm

What a great French Toast for Christmas morning. We would really enjoy this great recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great week end and come back soon!
Miz Helen

Jenn "Rook No. 17" December 12, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Oh Wow! Your eggnog French toast sounds amazing!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity and talent on “A Little Birdie Told Me…” Tuesday at Rook No. 17!

Friends who link-up to tomorrow’s party will have a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to Hodgson Mill, so please feel free to stop by and join in the fun & inspiration!

Warmest wishes,
Jenn

P.S. I’m featuring your recipe on my Facebook page today.

Miz Helen December 15, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Congratulations!
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Have a great week and enjoy your new Red Plate!
Miz Helen

Sharon Anne Hill December 20, 2011 at 5:03 am

Well, YUM…EEEE.

I too love eggnog, but I’ll admit not all brands. My DH bought a pumpkin spiced type and I accused him of trying to poison me! So to those who hate eggnog, not all brands are created equal.

Thanks for posting, I’ve saved it.

Sharon Anne @ sharealikecooking.blogspot.com

Come by and take a peek at my blog and comment. – Love food blogs!

Carol Keene December 5, 2013 at 8:49 pm

won’t pin because no picture attaches….