Pumpkin Spice Fudge

by aimee @ shugarysweets on October 7, 2012

Pumpkin Spice Fudge: soft flavorful fudge with JELLO pudding mix and topped with crushed gingersnaps. So delicious!
So remember when I told you to stock up on Jello Pumpkin Spice Pudding Mix? This is why.

I used it to add pumpkin flavor to my fudge. It’s what I do.

This fudge was incredible. Yes. “WAS.”

Fudge this good doesn’t last long around here! Usually because it’s SOOOOO good, I send it out of the house before I eat it all.

That’s exactly what happened. Off it went to Michael’s work. I swear I’m not helping their wellness initiatives they may have put in place.

Although, it does help me to not eat it all. So there’s that.
Anyone else addicted to pumpkin this time of year?

If you like this Pumpkin Spice Fudge recipe you may also enjoy….

Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats- stock up on Jello instant pudding mix and make a batch of these krispie treats.
Pumpkin Spice Biscotti- made with real pumpkin and possibly one of my favorite biscotti recipes!

Pumpkin Spice Scones- move over Starbucks, you can now make these CopyCat scones at home!
Pumpkin Spice Fudge

Jell-O pumpkin spice instant pudding mix gives this fudge a delicious fall flavor!

• 3/4 cup unsalted butter
  • 3/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • pinch of kosher salt
  • 11 oz pkg white chocolate morsels
  • 3.4 oz box pumpkin spice instant pudding mix
  • 7 oz jar marshmallow creme
  • 2 Tbsp caramel sauce (ice cream topping)
  • 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
  • 3 Gingersnap cookies, crushed

1. In large heavy saucepan, heat butter, cream, sugar and salt on medium high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. When it begins to boil, set timer for 5 minutes. Continue stirring while mixtures is at a rolling boil.
  2. Remove from heat. Quickly whisk in white chocolate, pudding mix and marshmallow creme. Whisk until fully blended (one to two minutes). Pour into a parchment paper lined 13x9 baking dish. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
  3. Remove from pan, remove parchment paper, and place on large cutting board. Cut into bite sized pieces.
  4. In small bowl, whisk the caramel sauce and powdered sugar together. Drizzle over cut pieces of fudge and immediately sprinkle with crushed cookies. ENJOY immediately or store in covered container in refrigerator.

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel October 7, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Pudding mix in fudge? You’re a baking genius! I’m glad I bought a couple extra boxes of this pudding mix now! :)

Aimee October 8, 2012 at 11:53 am

You need to try this then!!! DO IT!

Medeja October 7, 2012 at 10:56 pm

I really believe that it was great! It looks so tempting!

Averie @ Averie Cooks October 7, 2012 at 11:08 pm

Oh that looks so good! I have heard of the pumpkin spice pudding and I need to get some this year!

wallflourgirl October 7, 2012 at 11:28 pm

Speaking of not helping any wellness initiatives, I think there may be a drastic drop in the lives of everyone in my immediate proximity. These look delectable, and I can’t wait to give them a try…!

Aimee October 8, 2012 at 11:53 am

Haha!!! Oh wait, totally not a laughing matter :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust October 8, 2012 at 2:05 am

YUM! That sounds wonderful! I love all your fudge recipes. :)

Jocelyn October 8, 2012 at 5:23 am

Your fudge is the best ever! I knew I bought an extra box of pumpkin pudding for a good reason. Although I’m hoping that you know how much I love you and your fudge and that some mysteriously comes along with you on Friday for lunch:-) I’m pretty sure that I am with you on the whole not helping the wellness of those around me too:-)

Aimee October 8, 2012 at 11:54 am

You’re so greedy :) Just me isn’t good enough??? haha!

Jocelyn October 8, 2012 at 3:42 pm

bahahahaha! Yes, you coming to lunch is enough…but if some fudge would happen to mysteriously appear in your car…I’m not opposed to that:-)

Aya Basil October 8, 2012 at 5:40 am

Wow
Didn’t imagine that these delightful bites has all those ingredients in
That means they are awosome in flavor

Check out my blog for wide variation from almost guilt free dishes/bakes

Aya Basil October 8, 2012 at 5:42 am

Oops
Wrong spelling
It’s
Ayasgoodies.blogspot.com

Bergen refrigeration designs October 8, 2012 at 7:16 am

It’s creamy, smooth and delicious, and tastes like it all just came out of your mother’s kitchen. Pure heaven.

Jennifer@ Peanut Butter and Peppers October 8, 2012 at 11:50 am

I just love your fudge! Have you ever thought of opening your own candy shop? You should!!!

Aimee October 8, 2012 at 11:55 am

Hmmm. That sounds a lot like “work.” haha!

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos October 8, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Why yes, I think I am addicted to pumpkin. This looks like a fabulous way to satisfy the need for everything pumpkin right now – YUM!

pumpkinsandginger October 8, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Oh my…this sounds super delicious. I hope pumpkin spice instant pudding is available in Canada…I haven’t found it yet…but will keep looking:)
thanks for sharing this…lovin’ all things pumpkin!!
Cheers:)
Debbie

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl October 9, 2012 at 2:24 am

Now I’m bummed that I used the box of pumpkin pudding mix that I had…I’d better go stock up, because this looks amazing. I love fudge (way too much, in fact).

sally @ sallys baking addiction October 9, 2012 at 2:30 am

I love this whole idea, Aimee! Adding the pudding mix to the fudge is a great idea – i’ve seen it being added to cookies, but never to fudge! i haven’t tried pumpkin pudding – ever! what is wrong with me? I must buy some – even if I don’t make the pudding, I can throw it into FUDGE! What a great treat to bring to a halloween party!

SayNotSweetAnne October 9, 2012 at 6:15 pm

This sounds amazing. The only fudge I have actually pulled off is peanut butter- which I don’t particularly care for. These would be amazing little table favors for the kids table at Thanksgiving! I’m having my inlaws over in early November, maybe I can make this as a parting gift!! If you have a minute, I’d love for you to link up to Sweet Sharing Monday – http://saynotsweetanne.com/2012/sweet-sharing-monday-25/

Erin @ Texanerin Baking October 9, 2012 at 9:24 pm

This sounds and looks incredible! And using the pumpkin spice pudding is genius. :) We only have vanilla and chocolate pudding mixes over here. Seriously. And the caramel?! Yum.

Jolene - EverydayFoodie October 10, 2012 at 5:01 am

That fudge looks incredible!

Catherine October 10, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Another fabulous link up for Gooseberry Patch! Oh goodness I love fudge! :) Take care. Blessings, Catherine

Susan October 20, 2012 at 4:00 am

Mmmm, low in calories, I’m sure. I’ll be on the hunt for Pumpkin Spice pudding mix tomorrow.

Susan October 20, 2012 at 11:31 pm

What grocery stores are carrying this pudding? Wasn’t at my large local market today, and they haven’t heard of it. : /

Juanita October 22, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Walmart.

Juanita October 22, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Walmart carries the pumpkin pudding but goes fast so stock up!

Adam October 23, 2012 at 5:38 pm

These would be perfect for a fall party. They would probably be gone in 5 minutes flat. Beautiful photo!

Pretend Chef October 26, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Potluck pick. Crave worthy!

Katie @ Oh Shine On November 6, 2012 at 4:58 pm

This looks incredible — totally sinful

Luv What You Do November 7, 2012 at 11:10 pm

I want to make one of everything on your blog! But I must make some pumpkin fudge. Not sure how I have never had this before but that has to change : )
Luv What You Do recently posted..Easiest Dinner EVERMy Profile

Tonia@thegunnysack September 3, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Outstanding! I am so excited for pumpkin desserts!
Tonia@thegunnysack recently posted..Baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Doughnuts RecipeMy Profile

Mackenzie @ Cheerios and Lattes September 4, 2013 at 1:07 pm

This sounds delicious! I love pumpkin spice anything! :)

Kristen Duke September 4, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I’m so excited for fall and pumpkin recipes! This fudge sounds soo yummy! I never would have thought of using pudding mix but great idea :)
Kristen Duke recently posted..Triple Berry White Chocolate Chip Banana BreadMy Profile

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor September 6, 2013 at 10:04 pm

This looks like fabulous fudge!! Love me some pumpkin.

Ginger September 9, 2013 at 11:41 pm

Oooooh! I’ll have to try this one out! Looks delicious! :)

Dianne October 11, 2013 at 9:20 pm

I made your recipe for Pumpkin Spice Fudge. I made my own caramel sauce with apple cider. It was nice to have a recipe that you can make ahead a few days. It was a big hit at our fund raiser for The Shepherd’s Table. Thank you

aimee @ shugarysweets October 12, 2013 at 9:41 am

Glad you enjoyed it! Love homemade caramel sauce!!

Charity October 12, 2013 at 9:01 am

Help my fudge didn’t set Overnight I followed the recipe exactly it’s 9am and my party is at 4pm how can I save this

aimee @ shugarysweets October 12, 2013 at 9:39 am

Hmmm, usually the number one reason for it not setting, is the mixture didn’t boil for the full amount of time. How firm is it? I’ve done this before with another flavor and stuck it in the freezer for an hour. Then removed it, rolled it in balls, froze again and dipped them in white chocolate. Truffles! Good luck!

Anonymous October 12, 2013 at 9:34 pm

Thank you for your reply I tried to save it but there was no hope I think the problem was not getting the temp high enough …. This was my first attempt at any type of fudge….I ended up finding a “no bake fudge recipe” more like cheesecake and I added pumpkin spice mix to it and it was a great hit ….

Karen October 24, 2013 at 4:27 pm

I cannot get your Print function to work. I want save this recipe for the holidays. It looks yummy!

aimee @ shugarysweets October 24, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Hmmm, just worked fine for me!?

Karen October 24, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Aimee,
Every time I try it “Blank Page” comes up. Maybe it is me, but I can print elsewhere!
Thanks for the response. I guess I will just jot the recipe down on paper ’cause I really like it.

aimee @ shugarysweets October 24, 2013 at 9:51 pm

That is really odd! You could try to copy/paste the recipe into a word document and print it that way! Sorry for the troubles…but it’s worth it :)

vicky October 27, 2013 at 11:42 am

did I do something wrong? my fudge had a sugar

vicky October 27, 2013 at 11:59 am

sorry I did not mean to send that first massage……anyway my fudge came out tasting grainy like you could taste the sugar granules, I boiled it for the 5 minutes like it called for, is that how its supposed to be? if not for that I would have been quite happy with it, just a little to sweet for me I think I would use 1 cup sugar and not 1 and a 1/2. gave some to my husband and he really liked it, I didn’t say anything about it being grainy to him, so I’m not sure if that’s how it is or if I messed up.