A delicious dinner recipe, that can be prepped ahead of time! Fresh and zesty, this Chicken Margherita recipe is a crowd pleaser!
More Dinner Recipes:
- Italian Chicken Pasta
- Chicken Tetrazzini
- Lasagna Soup
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Jambalaya Chicken
- More Main Dish Ideas!
Delicious, easy baked chicken recipe! Prep ahead of time for busy weeknight meals.
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ½ red onion, diced
- ¼ cup snipped, fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- Combine diced tomatoes, diced red onion, basil, balsamic vinegar and salt in a bowl. Place chicken breasts in a 13x9 baking dish. Pour tomato mixture over top.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake in a 350 degree oven, covered, for about 40-45 minutes (until chicken is completely cooked).
- Remove foil and top with mozzeralla cheese. I used sliced cheese, but shredded would work well too. Place dish back in oven on top rack. Bake 5-10 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Serve immediately with a fresh salad or angel hair pasta. ENJOY.
- You can either refrigerate and bake later (within 12 hours) or bake immediately.
- Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 533mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 52g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram