Lemon Blueberry Skillet Dump Cake with Almond Whipped Cream is an easy, no mess recipe with pantry ingredients!
Table of Contents
What is Dump Cake
It’s a horrible name that doesn’t make it sound appetizing…but when you think about why it’s called that, it makes sense.
You literally dump ingredients into a skillet and bake.
How to make Dump Cake
Preheat oven to 35o degrees F.
In a large 12-inch skillet, dump blueberry pie filling. Top with crushed pineapple. You can mix it, or not!
Sprinkle dry lemon cake mix over the top of the fruit. DO NO MIX.
Lay tablespoons of cut butter over the dry cake mix.
Bake cake for about 50-55 minutes until top is brown and fruit is bubbling.
Top with homemade whipped cream or ice cream!
For the homemade whipped cream, beat heavy cream, almond extract, and powdered sugar in a stand mixer for about 3-5 minutes until soft peaks form. Use immediately or store for 24 hours in refrigerator.
Can I make this in a 9×13 baking dish?
Can I make other flavors?
Yes. Just think of all the possibilities of dump cake flavors. Swap out the cake mix for your favorite.
Then substitute the pie filling. You can skip the pineapple in any of these option!
Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Pie Filling is a great combo.
Spice Cake with Apple Pie Filling is true comfort food.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
Lemon Blueberry Skillet Dump Cake
For the Cake:
- 1 can blueberry pie filling 21 ounce
- 1 can crushed pineapple (don't drain) 20 ounce
- 1 box lemon cake mix 18.25 ounce
- ¾ cup unsalted butter cut into tablespoons
For the Cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- For the cake, in a large skillet, dump blueberry pie filling and crushed pineapple. Mix with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of fruit (do NOT mix). Lay tablespoons of cut butter over the dry cake mix.
- Bake cake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes, until top is brown and fruit is bubbling.
- For the whipped cream, beat heavy cream, extract and powdered sugar in a stand mixer for 3-5 minutes until soft peaks form. Store in refrigerator.
- Serve a scoop of cake with a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy warm!
- This can also be baked in a 9×13 cake pan.
- Just think of all the possibilities of dump cake flavors. Swap out the cake mix for your favorite. Then substitute the pie filling. You can skip the pineapple in any of these option!