Lemon Blueberry Skillet Dump Cake
Lemon Blueberry Skillet Dump Cake with Almond Whipped Cream: easy, no mess recipe with pantry ingredients!
Click HERE to save recipe to Pinterest
Have you ever made a dump cake before? Or a dump dessert?
It’s a horrible name that doesn’t make it sound appetizing…but when you think about why it’s called that, it makes sense.
You literally dump ingredients into a skillet and bake.
When it comes to dump desserts, this Pistachio Fluff Salad is a perfect example of a no bake treat.
How to make Dump Cake
Preheat oven to 35o degrees F.
In a large 12-inch skillet, dump blueberry pie filling. Top with crushed pineapple. You can mix it, or not!
Sprinkle dry lemon cake mix over the top of the fruit. DO NO MIX.
Lay tablespoons of cut butter over the dry cake mix.
Bake cake for about 50-55 minutes until top is brown and fruit is bubbling.
Top with homemade whipped cream or ice cream!
For the homemade whipped cream, beat heavy cream, almond extract, and powdered sugar in a stand mixer for about 3-5 minutes until soft peaks form. Use immediately or store for 24 hours in refrigerator.
Can I make this in a 9×13 baking dish?
Can I make other flavors?
Yes. Just think of all the possibilities of dump cake flavors. Swap out the cake mix for your favorite.
Then substitute the pie filling. You can skip the pineapple in any of these option!
Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Pie Filling is a great combo.
Spice Cake with Apple Pie Filling is true comfort food.
Connect with Shugary Sweets!
Be sure to follow me on my social media, so you never miss a post!
I created a fun little group on facebook and I’d love for you to join in! It’s a place where you can share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, and see what’s new with Shugary Sweets (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
For the Cake:
- 1 can (21oz) blueberry pie filling
- 1 can (20oz) crushed pineapple (don't drain)
- 1 box (18.25oz) lemon cake mix
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
For the Cream:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- For the cake, in a large skillet, dump blueberry pie filling and crushed pineapple. Mix with a wooden spoon. Sprinkle dry cake mix on top of fruit (do NOT mix). Lay tablespoons of cut butter over the dry cake mix.
- Bake cake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes, until top is brown and fruit is bubbling.
- For the whipped cream, beat heavy cream, extract and powdered sugar in a stand mixer for 3-5 minutes until soft peaks form. Store in refrigerator.
- Serve a scoop of cake with a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy warm!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 53mg Sodium: 348mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 24g Protein: 3g
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**