Pecan Egg Nog Cookies
Delicious, melt in your mouth, Pecan Egg Nog Cookies. These little cups will be all the rage at your next cookie exchange. Or keep them for yourself!
Love this recipe? Sign up for Shugary Sweets email subscription and never miss out again!
**This post is sponsored by Fisher Nuts. I am excited to be partnering with them this year and bringing you all some delicious recipes! **
I love those store bought pecan sandies cookies, the kind that crumble in your hands and your mouth! LOVE them.
Today’s recipe is similar except they are all decked out for the holidays. With egg nog!
The cookie is made with some finely chopped pecans and tastes similar to a shortbread. The dollop of eggnog flavored glaze on top with extra Fisher pecans is the perfect finishing touch!
I know this time of year everyone is busy. Busy shopping. Working. Wrapping presents. Holiday parties. Christmas baking. And the list goes on.
If you’re still trying to figure out what you want to bake this holiday, look no further. Seriously these will have your friends and family begging you for the recipe! It’s that good.
If you are still working on your dinner menu, you need to try this Walnut and Fontina Macaroni and Cheese recipe.
Last month I had the opportunity to fly to NYC, courtesy of Fisher Nuts, to attend a cooking demo by Alex Guarnaschelli. You know, the chef from Chopped. I love her on that show.
Meeting her in real life was awesome, and seeing her prepare food and talk about it was even more amazing. I love that she is so real about food. If something tastes bad, she tosses it out and orders a pizza! It’s good to know she has bad days too. And when stuck in a recipe rut, she suggests you get out and be inspired. Go out for mexican food and relax, and ironically that new cookie recipe idea may just come to you! So true.
Anyways, some of my fellow bloggers and I had the opportunity to enjoy some of her Fisher Nut creations in her beautiful restaurant, Butter. Hands down, no doubt about it, her recipe for Walnut and Fontina Macaroni and Cheese was my favorite. I couldn’t wait to enjoy seconds and thirds (oh yes I did)! Be sure to check out some of her other recipes on the website!
But back to the cookies.
I used my Mini Muffin (cupcake) Pan to make these. The recipe makes exactly 48 cookie cups! And the flavor you guys is out of this world!
I love using products in my recipes that just give such a depth of flavor. I didn’t toast these Fisher pecans in today’s recipe, and yet the nutty fresh crunch was still present in every bite! ENJOY!!
This year while planning YOUR holiday menu, think Fisher.
Connect with Fisher Nuts:
For the cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp rum flavoring
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup egg nog
- 1 cup finely chopped Fisher Pecans
For the topping:
- 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 4 Tbsp egg nog
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Fisher Pecans
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- For the cookies, combine butter and powdered sugar in large mixing bowl. Beat until fully combined. Add in salt, flour, cornstarch, rum, nutmeg and egg nog. Beat until it becomes a soft dough. Fold in chopped pecans.
- Drop by large tablespoon into a greased mini muffin pan. Bake for for 13-15 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Remove from oven and cool in pan 3-5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- For the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar with egg nog until combined. Drop a small teaspoon on top of each cooled cookie cup. Immediately sprinkle with chopped pecans and a pinch of nutmeg. Allow to set, about 15 minutes. ENJOY!
- store cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
**Don’t forget to sign up for my email subscription too! You can get these recipes straight to your inbox!**
What is YOUR favorite way to use Fisher Nuts for holiday baking?
**This is a sponsored post on behalf of Fisher Nuts. I was compensated for my time and recipe development, however all opinions expressed are 100% my own!
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**