Oreo Peanut Butter Truffles

by aimee @ shugarysweets on October 18, 2011

Oreo Peanut Butter Truffles: filled with crushed cookies, cream cheese, nutella and peanut butter www.shugarysweets.com

These are not your everyday Oreo truffles. Remember this Oreo Peanut Butter dip? Yeah, me too. I’ve been thinking about it for awhile now. I decided to try to make a bite size treat based off that recipe.

You’re welcome. These are so tasty. Michael brought them to work (because I can’t stop eating them) and they were gobbled up quickly. So I’m told.

If you like Buckeyes you will LOVE these. They taste a lot like a peanut butter buckeye with the crunch of an Oreo. Mmmmm.

Oreo Peanut Butter Truffles

• 1 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 6 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 11 oz white chocolate morsels, melted
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 2 cup powdered sugar
  • 30 Oreos, crushed
  • 1 1/2 lb white chocolate candy coating, melted

1. In mixer, blend cream cheese with peanut butter, nutella, melted white chocolate morsels and powdered sugar. Add in crushed Oreos.
  2. Using hands (mixture will be crumbly), roll into one inch balls. Place all the balls on a cookie sheet, freeze for one hour.
  3. Using a toothpick, dip each truffle into melted white candy coating. Allow excess to drip off, place on cookie sheet to set (about 15 minutes). Enjoy!

Cupcake Crazy Gem October 18, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Oh yum!! These sound amazing..I am bookmarking them right now!

Sinful Sundays October 18, 2011 at 1:02 pm

I love Oreo truffles! Never had them with peanut butter though. Must try!

Dee W October 18, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Wow. Those look awesome. I can’t wait to try them out! Thanks for sharing.

Tara @ Chip Chip Hooray October 18, 2011 at 1:24 pm

Oh…my gosh. These look insane. I would have to have someone take them away from me too!!

Jocelyn October 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm

2 of my favorites treats rolled into one! Genius!!! I would have to send them away from me too…if they lasted that long:-)

Jillian@FoodFolksandFun October 18, 2011 at 4:16 pm

This looks SO delicious, I’m book-marking this to make for later! I found you via Tempt my Tummy Tuesday. I’m your newest follower and would love a “follow back”!

Have a great week,

Jillian @ http://www.foodfolksandfun.blogspot.com

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust October 18, 2011 at 4:44 pm

What a great creation! That dip was great, so I’m sure these are too. :)

raising4princesses October 18, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I”m pinning this! Sounds amazing! I started a link party at my blog and I’d love for you to link this up. If you’re interested it’s http://caribbeanmissionarywife.blogspot.com/ Have a lovely day, Maria

Casa De Luna October 18, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I have never had Oreo truffles, but I have heard great things about them. Thanks for sharing, I will have to try your recipe.

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie October 18, 2011 at 7:51 pm

I do love Buckeyes! And I love Oreos so it’s a win-win. I actually thought you were going to make these with the PB filled Oreos when I first read the title, but they sound even better than I first imagined!

carolinaheartstrings October 18, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Wow. What a wonderful looking creation. The best of everything wrapped up in one neat little truffle. Delicious. Come over and visit. We have a terrific pumpkin panna cotta to share.

Jamie October 18, 2011 at 8:39 pm

the pb and oreo sounds like an incredible combo!

rebekahdawn October 18, 2011 at 10:53 pm

Yum. I could eat one of those right now. :)

NanAppetit October 19, 2011 at 1:56 am

This is gettin’ pinned right now, Baby!

shopannies October 19, 2011 at 2:05 am

these sound awesome chocolate and peanut butter goodness yummy come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

peanutbutterandpeppers.com October 19, 2011 at 11:29 am

Oh man! This looks good! Speechless…

Carrie @ My Favorite Finds October 19, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I might adapt the other Oreo Truffle recipe I have and make these for my daughter’s bday Sunday. I am making them in “cake pop” form, so do you think I could put these on a stick? Also, how many does it make?

Aimee October 19, 2011 at 3:14 pm

Carrie, I would form them around the stick, freeze, then dip in chocolate. Should work great! It probably made over 36…

Robin @ Simply Southern Baking October 20, 2011 at 11:40 pm

OK, I just had dinner and thought I was full until I saw these yummy treats!

Walking on Sunshine... October 21, 2011 at 12:23 pm

These sound delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Emily October 24, 2011 at 7:16 am

hi! Just wanted to let you know I’m featuring this post at tomorrows tasty Tuesday party. Please come and grab a featured button. Hope you can link up again this week. http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

Terri @ A Creative Princess October 24, 2011 at 9:50 am

Wow! They look and sound delicious!

Jenn "Rook No. 17" October 25, 2011 at 12:02 am

I do indeed love Buckeyes and Oreos too, so I know I’ll love your marvelous creation!

Thank you for lending your creative spirit to “A Little Birdie Told Me…” at Rook No. 17

Jenn

P.S. Spotlighting your recipe on Facebook today.

NewCook October 25, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I’m not a white chocolate fan – think these would be good coated in milk chocolate?

Aimee October 25, 2011 at 5:36 pm

New cook- absolutely! You may want to refrigerate them to get the chocolate to harden, or use a chocolate candy bark. They would still be fantastic either way! I actually contemplated doing them in chocolate, instead of white, but I liked the way they looked with the white. Pure vanity :)

Chris November 15, 2011 at 3:39 am

Hi there, these truffles sound so delicious and so decadent. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

Hannah November 17, 2011 at 12:46 am

I have been obsessed with regular Oreo truffles as of late, but these just take it to a whole new level! I pinned this on Pinterest so I don’t forget to try them.

Anonymous December 5, 2011 at 7:51 pm

Hi Amy – with the cream cheese in these, do they need to kept in the frig until ready to devour? Thanks – Marcy

Rachel December 16, 2011 at 3:30 pm

These look absolutely delish. I love buckeyes, and I love oreos. You have made all my dreams come true with one dessert! thank you for the post :)

Maddie November 15, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I made these for a potluck at work and won 1st prize :)

Sarah October 18, 2013 at 4:39 pm

2 Cups Sugar????? Are you serious????
I made them today, but without any extra Sugar. Chocolate, peanutbutter, oreos and Nutella are Sweet enought.
They are wonderful! (But cancel the 2 Cups of Sugar!!!!)

Two&1/2Tablespoons March 8, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I took one bite of this after bringing it out of the mixture and I nearly shrieked in pleasant surprise of how wonderfully decadent and delicious the matrix of flavours were! I reduced the cream cheese a little bit since I’m not a huge fan of cheese-cakey flavoured deserts, and froze the truffles to use in a red-velvet-cookie + white chocolate brownie triple layer desert I made for Valentines Day (you can see it here http://twoandahalftablespoons.tumblr.com/post/77339562449/triple-layer-red-velvet-cookie-white-chocolate-peanut :) and most people said your layer was their favourite ;)