Crockpot Turkey Breasts and Stuffing

by aimee @ shugarysweets on November 4, 2011

Slow Cooker Turkey breast and stuffing
So I figured since I’m getting ready to start my Christmas baking, I would share a quick Turkey dinner with all of you. Beginning this past Tuesday I have been listening to Christmas music, packing away all my fall decorations, and planning my holiday shopping.
But I get it. You all are not there yet. You’re not ready for Christmas. I hear you loud and clear.
You want to get through Thanksgiving first. I used to be like that too. And now I’m not. No explanation, except I think it has something to do with the fact I love holiday baking. And I can only bake with Christmas music playing loudly. So in an effort to prolong my holiday baking season, I had to get festive sooner.
But back to you all. You folks who want to have a turkey dinner and pumpkin pie. How about a turkey dinner in the crockpot. You say it can’t be done?
Yes it can! Now you can have turkey any time of year, and pull out those Christmas decorations sooner! And as for the pumpkin pie? Make a batch of these instead…bite size pumpkin pie! Go ahead.
Crockpot Turkey Breasts and Stuffing

Cook Time: 10 hours

Yield: serves 6

Turkey and stuffing made right in the slow cooker!

• 2 lb boneless turkey breasts
  • 1/2 cup chicken broth
  • 1 loaf bread, cubed (with crusts)
  • 1 apple, diced (peel left on)
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon ground sage
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper

1. In bottom of crockpot lay turkey breasts (may overlap some). Pour chicken broth over turkey breasts.
  2. In large bowl mix cubed bread with apple, celery, onion, salt, poultry seasoning, sage and pepper.
  3. Pour stuffing over turkey and broth. Pat tightly. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
  4. Enjoy!
Linked To:

Stephanie November 4, 2011 at 10:44 am

I was always one to wait until after thanksgiving to start thinking about Christmas, but this year for some reason, I am ready now too! Bring on the Christmas cheer!

Lauren's Latest November 4, 2011 at 2:34 pm

This is making me super excited for Thanksgiving!!

Kelly | Eat Yourself Skinny November 4, 2011 at 3:03 pm

What a great recipe for this time of year, looks so delicious! Love your blog and so glad to be a new follower! xoxo

peanutbutterandpeppers.com November 5, 2011 at 12:08 pm

What a great recipe! This would actually be really great for my Husband and I on Thanksgiving, since it will be just the two of us!

Ladybird Ln November 5, 2011 at 2:44 pm

This looks like a great recipe, I will have to try it out…W/O Christmas music… at least until November 25th… LOL

Carlee

carolinaheartstrings November 5, 2011 at 6:23 pm

Yum. I can smell the sage in the dressing! I cannot wait to try this. Thanks for sharing.

Kristin November 6, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Genius idea of a holiday meal in the crock pot. It seems like the holiday season has started a little (a LOT) earlier this year. At first it freaked me out, but I’m finding myself getting sucked into it. It’s good to know I’m not the only one listening to Christmas music in early November.

Leah @ Beyer Beware November 8, 2011 at 4:05 am

This would really take the stress out of holiday cooking. What a great recipe to use this Thanksgiving. So happy you shared this at Hunk of Meat Monday.

BreAna {Sugar and Spice and All Things Iced} November 8, 2011 at 4:17 pm

I love it!! What a great, easy idea! I’ll have to pick up some turkey next time I go shopping. I love the holidays! We’ve had our tree up for a week now! I am all about getting into the holiday spirit early! :)

Kristin November 8, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Sounds perfect for our church Thanksgiving potluck! Visiting from Tasty Tuesday.

Judy @ Contented at Home November 9, 2011 at 1:17 am

Looks SO tempting! I love the slow cooker idea!

Danielle November 9, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Another winner! I’m now your newest follower.

Busy Crock Pot Mom November 10, 2011 at 2:40 am

Looks fantastic!!!!

-Hope

Anonymous November 23, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Love it! Do you put the turkey in thawed or frozen?

Aimee November 24, 2011 at 12:56 pm

I stuck mine in there straight from the freezer!

Joy December 1, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Hi!

Love your recipe! If I wanted to leave out the stuffing (my boys are not stuffing fans, GASP!) How would I need to adjust everything? Thank you <3

Wendy March 17, 2014 at 10:48 pm

I made this tonight and it was a hit! Thank you so much for this recipe. I made a couple of modifications–I doubled the chicken broth and used a chopped carrot and three cloves of garlic in the stuffing mixture. I didn’t have poultry seasoning so I used Bragg’s Organic Sprinkle and it was perfect! I have a Hamilton Beach programmable slow cooker. It cooks hot, so six hours on low was perfect.
Wendy recently posted..Tofu, mango, mac n cheese, broccoli and ranch dipMy Profile