Caramel Bread Pudding
Caramel Bread Pudding has a perfect custard pudding center with a crisp outer crust! Packed with flavor and topped with caramel sauce, this is the dessert you’ve been craving!
Be sure to sign up for my email…new recipes in your inbox!
**This post is sponsored by Fisher Nuts. I am excited to be partnering with them this year and bringing you all some delicious recipes! **
Mother’s Day is just around the corner. Do you have plans?
We do the typical yard work and start the garden Mother’s Day weekend. Get the pile of mulch delivered, plan my veggies for the summer, work work work.
But honestly? I love it. I’m not one to go out for a fancy Mother’s Day brunch somewhere. I’m just as happy with burgers on the grill with a side of coleslaw.
However, I do love a good dessert. My dad makes an incredible bread pudding that would be perfect for any brunch or party at your house! I tweaked his recipe to give me more of the things I love. Raisins and nuts.
And not just any nut. You all know by now that I absolutely love Fisher Nuts, they are preservative free and taste incredibly fresh! I packed this bread pudding with plenty of Fisher Nuts Pecans!
My house smelled amazing while this baked up. And when it came out of the oven I was going to top it with a sweet vanilla glaze…but I chose to do a brown sugar glaze instead. It was the perfect, caramel topping to this chunky, custard bread pudding recipe!
I don’t know what your mom is wishing for this Mother’s Day, but I bet this Caramel Bread Pudding might get you on her favorites list!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram and tag #shugarysweets so I can see all the wonderful SHUGARY SWEETS recipes YOU make!
Connect with Fisher Nuts:
Caramel Bread Pudding
Yield: 8x8-inch baking dish
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30-35 minutes
For the bread pudding:
- 15 slices white bread, cubed, crust removed
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup Fisher Pecans, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk, warmed
For the caramel sauce:
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease an 8-inch square baking dish with baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes with melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, raisins and chopped pecans. Mix gently until well blended. Pour into bottom of prepared baking dish.
- Using the same bowl, whisk together the eggs with the sugar, vanilla and salt until frothy. Add warm milk and stir until blended. Pour over bread mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges lightly brown (center will be jiggly). Remove from oven.
- While bread pudding slightly cools and sets, prepare caramel sauce. In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine sugars, butter and heavy cream. Bring to a boil and stir continuously. Boil (at a rolling boil) for about 2 minutes.
- Serve warm. ENJOY!
MAKING THIS RECIPE? Share it with me on Instagram using the hashtag #ShugarySweets so I can see what you're cooking up in the kitchen!
Looking for more Mother’s Day desserts?
Strawberry Cheesecake Napoleons: a quick and easy recipe idea that will impress even your mother in law!
Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars: enjoy these all year long, one of my very favorite treats to make for family and friends!
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie Sticks: rich, buttery shortbread cookies that are easy enough for the kids to help make for mom!
**This is a sponsored post on behalf of Fisher Nuts. I was compensated for my time, however all opinions expressed are 100% my own!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Fisher. The opinions and text are all mine.
**There may be affiliate links in this post! By clicking on them, or purchasing recommended items I may receive a small compensation. However, I only recommend products I love! Thank you for supporting Shugary Sweets! See my disclosure policy for more info**