Super easy and delicious, make a batch of these no bake Apple Nachos today!
Raise your hand if you like caramel apples? Yeah, me too! There is a little candy and ice cream shop back in my hometown that had the very best Candy Apples. I say “candy apples” because these things were monstrous. Coated with different candies, my favorite being toffee.
But that’s not what I made. As you can see. My rugrats were wanting a snack. So instead of giving them apple slices, I once again went over the top! I had a vision that these would be easier to eat than caramel apples. They’re not. They are gooey, and messy and totally delicious. Maybe next time I would eat them with a fork. But it was all good, cause the kids ate it outside. And rinsed with the hose. And probably took a drink of water out of the hose (gasp)! Then ate dirt. Okay fine, I exaggerate. But the hose part is real, (please don’t email me the dangers of drinking out of hoses. We like to live dangerously)!
This served a crowd of 7 people, with a few slices left over. Enjoy!
- 4 large Granny Smith apples, sliced
- 35 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter
- 35 caramels
- 1 Tbsp evaporated milk (or half and half)
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet morsels
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- Slice apples and arrange on platter.
- In saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter until creamy. Set aside.
- In microwave dish, melt caramels with milk (cooking in 30 second intervals, and stirring). Set aside.
- Pour marshmallow cream over apple slices, followed by caramel sauce. Drizzle chocolate syrup and sprinkle with peanuts and mini chocolate morsels. Serve immediately and enjoy!
**Adapted slightly from Taste of Home magazine