Yield: 2 dozen
For the cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/2 cup milk
For the Ganache:
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 7 oz Fluff (marshmallow cream)
- 4 cup powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tbsp heavy cream
- 2 whole graham crackers, crushed
- 1/2 bar Ghirardelli bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, mix together cooled coffee and milk. Set aside.
- In mixer, beat butter and sugar for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time. Slowly add in dry ingredients alternating with coffee mixture (about 3 additions of each). Pour batter into cupcake liners, about 1/2 full.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove and cool.
- For ganache, melt chocolate with cream in double boiler until smooth. Spoon ganache over cooled cupcakes, sprinkle immediately with crushed graham crackers. Set aside.
- To make frosting, beat butter with marshmallow cream, powdered sugar and heavy cream for 3-5 minutes, until fluffy. Add more heavy cream if necessary to get desired consistency. To frost cupcakes, fill decorator bag and pipe onto cupcakes. Sprinkle immediately with chopped chocolate. ENJOY!