Christmas Morning Egg Nog Muffins

Quite possibly the easiest, most delicious mini muffin ever.

Even my egg nog hating husband enjoyed these! Plus, this recipe makes about 72 mini muffins. That’s a lot of muffins folks. I freeze them in ziploc gallon freezer bags (1-2 dozen per bag). Thaw on counter before serving…these are fantastic to keep on hand during the holiday season!

Seriously. Look at the nutmeg in there. Mmmmm…..

Go make a batch of them today so you have some in YOUR freezer for Christmas morning! One of our favorite traditions is leaving a cup of eggnog (instead of milk) for Santa. I think he would enjoy a few of these muffins instead of cookies too! At least I know OUR Santa would!!

If you enjoyed these Egg Nog Muffins, you may also enjoy these recipes….

Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins– copycat Tastefully Simple Cinnamon Muffin Melts…delicious, bite sized cinnamon muffins! by Shugary Sweets

Baked Eggnog Donuts– easy, baked donut recipe…filled with eggnog flavors! by Shugary Sweets

Spiced Eggnog Muffins a lighter version for a lighter Santa! by Eat Yourself Skinny

Christmas Morning Egg Nog Muffins

Yield: 72 mini muffins

Easy and delicious Eggnog Muffins, perfect for Christmas morning!

For the Muffins:
  • 3 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup butter flavored crisco
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup eggnog
  • For the Glaze:
  • 1/2 cup eggnog
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 3 cup powdered sugar

1. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together. Set aside.
  2. In mixing bowl, mix Crisco with granulated sugar until blended. Add eggs. Slowly add in flour mixture and eggnog.
  3. Lightly spray mini muffin cup pan with baking spray. Fill muffin cups 1/2 full and bake in a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes. Makes 72 mini muffins. Cool completely.
  4. Whisk together eggnog, nutmeg and powdered sugar. Dip tops of muffins into glaze and allow to set (about 15 minutes). ENJOY!

Linked To: Crazy Sweet  Totally Tasty  Trick or Treat Talent Show  Lil Luna

53 Responses to “Christmas Morning Egg Nog Muffins”

1. April
    posted Nov 18, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I know what we’re having for breakfast Christmas morning!! These look like perfection! I am absolutely whipping up a batch, freezing them is such genius! We adore egg nog and have the same tradition :) and I love nutmeg and muffins! Thank you tons and tons :)
    ~April

2. posted Nov 18, 2012 at 7:07 pm

So, if I came down your chimney dressed as Santa I’d be greeted with some of these eggnog muffins? They look and sound amazing. I need to find a good homemade eggnog recipe as they don’t sell it at my local supermarket.

I’d love it if you came over to my Sugar & Slice Sunday Link party and link these bad boys up!

• posted Nov 19, 2012 at 8:51 am

Haha, this cracked me up! Yes, you will find some of these muffins with a cup of eggnog.
      You definitely need to make some homemade nog…I’ve got more eggnog recipes coming soon!!

3. posted Nov 18, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Love these! I looooove eggnog. These muffins look fantastic! They’d never last, not even in my freezer. :)

• posted Nov 19, 2012 at 8:52 am

Well, the bags I had in my freezer are gone now…looks like I have to make more too!

4. posted Nov 18, 2012 at 8:39 pm

O my! These look delicious I will have to give them a try. Pinned!

5. posted Nov 18, 2012 at 10:03 pm

I’m preeeety sure that I can’t wait until Christmas to make these! They sound like a light and lovely Thanksgiving breakfast to me 😉

• posted Nov 19, 2012 at 8:50 am

No. Don’t wait. I’m pretty sure you need to make them ASAP!!

6. posted Nov 18, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Can I please move in with you? Or can’t we at least be neighbors, so you can bring me all these awesome goodies you make. As soon as I pick up a carton of eggnog, these muffins will be the first thing I make for sure!

• posted Nov 19, 2012 at 8:48 am

Jenn, haha, what’s one more in the house!? I need someone else to eat more of these goodies!

7. posted Nov 18, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I love eggnog a little too much…no way would these last long enough to freeze. Between my son and I, we would demolish the whole batch. Too funny because we leave Santa eggnog too:-)

• posted Nov 19, 2012 at 8:48 am

Trust me, they are too good you will HAVE to freeze them to keep yourself from eating them all. And I’m pretty sure Santa would love these with his cup of eggnog….

8. posted Nov 18, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Okay, I can drink eggnog by the gallon, sooooooo I’m pretty sure these wouldn’t last long in my house. I don’t know about Santa, but Mrs. Claus is going to put in a request for these Christmas Eve. They look divine–and that picture with the nutmeg flecks? Perfect!!

• posted Nov 19, 2012 at 8:47 am

We drink a lot of eggnog this time of year too! It’s a good thing I don’t make my own or we’d be in trouble all year long!

9. posted Nov 19, 2012 at 2:08 am

How gorgeous! I should probably find where to get eggnog first :)

• posted Nov 19, 2012 at 8:46 am

Yeah, I forget not everybody has eggnog available. I have seen some great recipes to make your own online! I think you need to do that, I have more eggnog recipes coming soon!

10. Liz
    posted Nov 19, 2012 at 10:53 am

My brother loves egg nog so I know what I’ll be making for Christmas holidays. So glad I can freeze them too – good thinkin’! Thanks for the recipe!

11. posted Nov 19, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Definitely loving these, Aimee! I’m sure Santa will, too :) and I love that it makes a ginormous batch. Perfect for freezing like you said, and gift-giving later in the month!

• posted Nov 19, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Thanks Hayley! Gift giving? YOu think I’d share these? hahaha…

12. posted Nov 19, 2012 at 2:53 pm

These look amazing but do you think I could use butter instead of Crisco? We don’t use shortening in this house :(

And if you ever feel like moving, the house next door from me is for sale. I’ll make the coffee if you make the muffins.

• posted Nov 19, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Haha, I’ll let my hubs know we are moving!
      I haven’t tried all butter, but most recipes you can easily swap and substitute. I imagine they would be just fine! Just be sure to use unsalted butter!

13. posted Nov 19, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I’m not even a huge fan of egg nog either, but these do look amazing! Same question as Elizabeth, possible to substitute directly with butter?

• posted Nov 19, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I haven’t tried it with all butter, but most of my recipes work just fine to substitute. Be sure to use unsalted butter! Let me know!

14. posted Nov 20, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Ok – I feel a new tradition at our Christmas breakfast table! These look fantastic. I’d love for you to share this at Tuesday’s Table for the Holidays – http://zentmrs.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesdays-table-holiday-ideas.html

15. posted Nov 21, 2012 at 10:42 am

I need this recipe for my egg nog loving grandson, I thank you and he thanks you!!!
    They look so good and I love their mini size 😉

16. Emily
    posted Nov 29, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Looks good! Did you ice them before they went in the freezer or after?

• posted Nov 29, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Before! Then I just thaw them on the counter for about 20 minutes! ENJOY!

• Emily
        posted Dec 11, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Thanks!! I think I’ll make some tomorrow!

17. posted Dec 7, 2012 at 10:19 am

These look delicious! I shared your recipe on my blog http://momelite.com/bring-egg-nog/. I hope you don’t mind!

18. Angel
    posted Dec 15, 2012 at 3:06 am

Hi these sound delicious just wondering if these can be kept at room temp with this glaze?

19. keri
    posted Dec 21, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I’m right in the middle of making these, still waiting for the oven to preheat so I can pop the muffin tin in, and I’m wondering if the dough is supposed to be as thick as it is. It seems like drop-cookie dough, and muffin batter is usually thinner, more runny. I thought maybe I hadn’t added enough eggnog, but I checked your recipe and I did everything right. Is the batter normally thick than regular muffin/cake batter?

• posted Dec 21, 2012 at 6:54 pm

It is a little more dense! You’re doing fine :) ENJOY!!!

• keri
        posted Dec 21, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Ok, yes. They just came out of the oven looking perfect! Thanks!

20. Cheryl
    posted Dec 25, 2012 at 7:28 am

I made these yesterday for my xmas eve get-together. Taste was great but everyone said they were very dry:( I found the batter very thick and even added extra eggnog.to try and thin it out. Anyone else make them and found the same?

21. Mona
    posted Nov 1, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Yum!! Can’t wait to try them! I love anything and everything eggnog! Is there any way I can substitute Crisco for something else?

22. Sam
    posted Nov 2, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I’ve been asked to make Eggnog muffins for the Sheriff Dept that my husband works for. They aren’t ‘into’ the mini muffins. How long would you suggest I bake them in normal size muffin tins? And roughly how many would the recipe make? Wondering if I need to go buy more tins…again :)

23. lisa g.
    posted Nov 21, 2013 at 5:46 pm

For regular size muffins..how long would it take to bake?
    Also, same oven temp?
    Thank you!

24. Linda
    posted Dec 5, 2013 at 3:15 pm

These were a big hit. My group loves mini size. They say that justifies eating more. They likes them not being over sweet and said they were great with coffee. Given our current cold snap there is a lot of coffee being drunk to justify more muffins!

25. Annie P
    posted Dec 10, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Just finished making these. I haven’t done the glaze yet but I snacked on one to just test them and it was delicious.

26. Debbie
    posted Dec 19, 2013 at 9:06 am

Hi there! I plan to make these tonight…they look so good! I was thinking of adding rum to the glaze but not sure what it will do to the consistency. What do you think?

27. Angela
    posted Dec 21, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Could you bake this recipe in mini loaf pan?

• posted Dec 22, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I’m sure you could. I don’t know how long you would bake it for though!

28. PamelaDee
    posted Dec 28, 2013 at 3:45 pm

How would you adjust the time to make regular muffins? I don’t have a mini muffin pan.

29. Tiffany
    posted Nov 6, 2014 at 7:18 am

Just baked these, and the recipe was not so great. Batter was way too thick (like cookie batter consistency), and muffins turned out too oily (it drenched the muffin liners!). Maybe the recipe needs more eggnog?

30. Pingback: 50+ Amazing Ways to Use Eggnog - The Corner Kitchen

31. Pingback: Eggnog Recipes That Are Quite Tasty | The Residences at Slatersville Mill

32. Pingback: Eggnog Coffee Cake - Shugary Sweets

33. Trena
    posted Dec 21, 2014 at 8:56 am

I made these for my husband who loves eggnog. I was lucky to have enough eggnog to make them before he drank it all (LOL) We kept out a few to taste test and for breakfast and I froze the rest. I didn’t have a mini muffin pan so used the regular size one. Our oven bakes hot so I baked them about ten minutes and then stuck a toothpick in them and it came out clean. They were done and nicely browned. I’m not sure if I’ll make these again or not. I didn’t have Crisco so used margarine. These turned out dry and the glaze made them very messy.