Christmas Morning Egg Nog Muffins

by aimee @ shugarysweets on November 18, 2012

Quite possibly the easiest, most delicious mini muffin ever.

Even my egg nog hating husband enjoyed these! Plus, this recipe makes about 72 mini muffins. That’s a lot of muffins folks. I freeze them in ziploc gallon freezer bags (1-2 dozen per bag). Thaw on counter before serving…these are fantastic to keep on hand during the holiday season!

Seriously. Look at the nutmeg in there. Mmmmm…..

Go make a batch of them today so you have some in YOUR freezer for Christmas morning! One of our favorite traditions is leaving a cup of eggnog (instead of milk) for Santa. I think he would enjoy a few of these muffins instead of cookies too! At least I know OUR Santa would!!

If you enjoyed these Egg Nog Muffins, you may also enjoy these recipes….

Cinnamon Breakfast Muffins- copycat Tastefully Simple Cinnamon Muffin Melts…delicious, bite sized cinnamon muffins! by Shugary Sweets

Baked Eggnog Donuts- easy, baked donut recipe…filled with eggnog flavors! by Shugary Sweets

Spiced Eggnog Muffins- a lighter version for a lighter Santa! by Eat Yourself Skinny

Christmas Morning Egg Nog Muffins

Yield: 72 mini muffins

Easy and delicious Eggnog Muffins, perfect for Christmas morning!

For the Muffins:
  • 3 cup all purpose flour
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2/3 cup butter flavored crisco
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup eggnog
  • For the Glaze:
  • 1/2 cup eggnog
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 3 cup powdered sugar

1. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon together. Set aside.
  2. In mixing bowl, mix Crisco with granulated sugar until blended. Add eggs. Slowly add in flour mixture and eggnog.
  3. Lightly spray mini muffin cup pan with baking spray. Fill muffin cups 1/2 full and bake in a 350 degree oven for 13-15 minutes. Makes 72 mini muffins. Cool completely.
  4. Whisk together eggnog, nutmeg and powdered sugar. Dip tops of muffins into glaze and allow to set (about 15 minutes). ENJOY!

Linked To: Crazy Sweet  Totally Tasty  Trick or Treat Talent Show  Lil Luna

April November 18, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I know what we’re having for breakfast Christmas morning!! These look like perfection! I am absolutely whipping up a batch, freezing them is such genius! We adore egg nog and have the same tradition :) and I love nutmeg and muffins! Thank you tons and tons :)
~April
April recently posted..Ultra-Chewy Brownies with Chocolate Cream Cheese FrostingMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 18, 2012 at 8:54 pm

You are very welcome April! ENJOY!
aimee @ shugarysweets recently posted..Christmas Morning Egg Nog MuffinsMy Profile

April December 16, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I posted them today! They’re so yummy! :)
Thank you!
~April
April recently posted..Small and Wonderful Things 12My Profile

Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} November 18, 2012 at 7:07 pm

So, if I came down your chimney dressed as Santa I’d be greeted with some of these eggnog muffins? They look and sound amazing. I need to find a good homemade eggnog recipe as they don’t sell it at my local supermarket.

I’d love it if you came over to my Sugar & Slice Sunday Link party and link these bad boys up!
Lisa {Sweet 2 Eat Baking} recently posted..Sugar & Slice Link Party #2My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 8:51 am

Haha, this cracked me up! Yes, you will find some of these muffins with a cup of eggnog.
You definitely need to make some homemade nog…I’ve got more eggnog recipes coming soon!!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust November 18, 2012 at 8:23 pm

Love these! I looooove eggnog. These muffins look fantastic! They’d never last, not even in my freezer. :)
Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust recently posted..Ginormous Pie RoundupMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 8:52 am

Well, the bags I had in my freezer are gone now…looks like I have to make more too!

Rina@Itheecook November 18, 2012 at 8:39 pm

O my! These look delicious I will have to give them a try. Pinned!

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 8:52 am

Thanks for pinning Rina!!

Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos November 18, 2012 at 10:03 pm

I’m preeeety sure that I can’t wait until Christmas to make these! They sound like a light and lovely Thanksgiving breakfast to me ;)
Becca @ Crumbs and Chaos recently posted..Seasonal Inspiration: 11-17-12My Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 8:50 am

No. Don’t wait. I’m pretty sure you need to make them ASAP!!

Jenn@eatcakefordinner November 18, 2012 at 10:19 pm

Can I please move in with you? Or can’t we at least be neighbors, so you can bring me all these awesome goodies you make. As soon as I pick up a carton of eggnog, these muffins will be the first thing I make for sure!
Jenn@eatcakefordinner recently posted..15 Last Minute Thanksgiving IdeasMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 8:48 am

Jenn, haha, what’s one more in the house!? I need someone else to eat more of these goodies!

Jocelyn @BruCrew Life November 18, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I love eggnog a little too much…no way would these last long enough to freeze. Between my son and I, we would demolish the whole batch. Too funny because we leave Santa eggnog too:-)
Jocelyn @BruCrew Life recently posted..Brownie Mint Rice Krispie TreatsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 8:48 am

Trust me, they are too good you will HAVE to freeze them to keep yourself from eating them all. And I’m pretty sure Santa would love these with his cup of eggnog….

Ashley @ Kitchen Meets Girl November 18, 2012 at 11:24 pm

Okay, I can drink eggnog by the gallon, sooooooo I’m pretty sure these wouldn’t last long in my house. I don’t know about Santa, but Mrs. Claus is going to put in a request for these Christmas Eve. They look divine–and that picture with the nutmeg flecks? Perfect!!

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 8:47 am

We drink a lot of eggnog this time of year too! It’s a good thing I don’t make my own or we’d be in trouble all year long!

Medeja November 19, 2012 at 2:08 am

How gorgeous! I should probably find where to get eggnog first :)
Medeja recently posted..Pyragas su Kreminiu Sūriu/ Cream Cheese BarsMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 8:46 am

Yeah, I forget not everybody has eggnog available. I have seen some great recipes to make your own online! I think you need to do that, I have more eggnog recipes coming soon!

Liz November 19, 2012 at 10:53 am

My brother loves egg nog so I know what I’ll be making for Christmas holidays. So glad I can freeze them too – good thinkin’! Thanks for the recipe!
Liz recently posted..Coconut, Oatmeal, Raisin, Chocolate Bar CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 7:01 pm

You’re welcome Liz, I hope he enjoys them!!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel November 19, 2012 at 12:13 pm

Definitely loving these, Aimee! I’m sure Santa will, too :) and I love that it makes a ginormous batch. Perfect for freezing like you said, and gift-giving later in the month!
Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel recently posted..Deep Dish Gingerbread Oreo-Stuffed CookiesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Thanks Hayley! Gift giving? YOu think I’d share these? hahaha…

Elizabeth November 19, 2012 at 2:53 pm

These look amazing but do you think I could use butter instead of Crisco? We don’t use shortening in this house :(

And if you ever feel like moving, the house next door from me is for sale. I’ll make the coffee if you make the muffins.
Elizabeth recently posted..Gingerbread LatteMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Haha, I’ll let my hubs know we are moving!
I haven’t tried all butter, but most recipes you can easily swap and substitute. I imagine they would be just fine! Just be sure to use unsalted butter!

Paola @ gnom-gnom.com November 19, 2012 at 3:28 pm

I’m not even a huge fan of egg nog either, but these do look amazing! Same question as Elizabeth, possible to substitute directly with butter?
Paola @ gnom-gnom.com recently posted..(vegan) raspberry ‘n buckwheat sconesMy Profile

aimee @ shugarysweets November 19, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I haven’t tried it with all butter, but most of my recipes work just fine to substitute. Be sure to use unsalted butter! Let me know!

zentMRS November 20, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Ok – I feel a new tradition at our Christmas breakfast table! These look fantastic. I’d love for you to share this at Tuesday’s Table for the Holidays – http://zentmrs.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesdays-table-holiday-ideas.html
zentMRS recently posted..Tuesday’s Table: Holiday Ideas!My Profile

Patty November 21, 2012 at 10:42 am

I need this recipe for my egg nog loving grandson, I thank you and he thanks you!!!
They look so good and I love their mini size ;-)

Emily November 29, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Looks good! Did you ice them before they went in the freezer or after?

aimee @ shugarysweets November 29, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Before! Then I just thaw them on the counter for about 20 minutes! ENJOY!

Emily December 11, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Thanks!! I think I’ll make some tomorrow!

Cyndi December 7, 2012 at 10:19 am

These look delicious! I shared your recipe on my blog http://momelite.com/bring-egg-nog/. I hope you don’t mind!
Cyndi recently posted..Bring on the Egg NogMy Profile

Angel December 15, 2012 at 3:06 am

Hi these sound delicious just wondering if these can be kept at room temp with this glaze?

aimee @ shugarysweets December 15, 2012 at 7:07 am

They sure can!!!

keri December 21, 2012 at 6:50 pm

I’m right in the middle of making these, still waiting for the oven to preheat so I can pop the muffin tin in, and I’m wondering if the dough is supposed to be as thick as it is. It seems like drop-cookie dough, and muffin batter is usually thinner, more runny. I thought maybe I hadn’t added enough eggnog, but I checked your recipe and I did everything right. Is the batter normally thick than regular muffin/cake batter?

aimee @ shugarysweets December 21, 2012 at 6:54 pm

It is a little more dense! You’re doing fine :) ENJOY!!!

keri December 21, 2012 at 7:05 pm

Ok, yes. They just came out of the oven looking perfect! Thanks!

Cheryl December 25, 2012 at 7:28 am

I made these yesterday for my xmas eve get-together. Taste was great but everyone said they were very dry:( I found the batter very thick and even added extra eggnog.to try and thin it out. Anyone else make them and found the same?

Mona November 1, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Yum!! Can’t wait to try them! I love anything and everything eggnog! Is there any way I can substitute Crisco for something else?

Sam November 2, 2013 at 12:24 pm

I’ve been asked to make Eggnog muffins for the Sheriff Dept that my husband works for. They aren’t ‘into’ the mini muffins. How long would you suggest I bake them in normal size muffin tins? And roughly how many would the recipe make? Wondering if I need to go buy more tins…again :)

lisa g. November 21, 2013 at 5:46 pm

For regular size muffins..how long would it take to bake?
Also, same oven temp?
Thank you!

Linda December 5, 2013 at 3:15 pm

These were a big hit. My group loves mini size. They say that justifies eating more. They likes them not being over sweet and said they were great with coffee. Given our current cold snap there is a lot of coffee being drunk to justify more muffins!

Annie P December 10, 2013 at 2:57 pm

Just finished making these. I haven’t done the glaze yet but I snacked on one to just test them and it was delicious.

Debbie December 19, 2013 at 9:06 am

Hi there! I plan to make these tonight…they look so good! I was thinking of adding rum to the glaze but not sure what it will do to the consistency. What do you think?

Angela December 21, 2013 at 6:28 pm

Could you bake this recipe in mini loaf pan?

aimee @ shugarysweets December 22, 2013 at 3:47 pm

I’m sure you could. I don’t know how long you would bake it for though!

PamelaDee December 28, 2013 at 3:45 pm

How would you adjust the time to make regular muffins? I don’t have a mini muffin pan.

Tiffany November 6, 2014 at 7:18 am

Just baked these, and the recipe was not so great. Batter was way too thick (like cookie batter consistency), and muffins turned out too oily (it drenched the muffin liners!). Maybe the recipe needs more eggnog?