Mango Salsa

This Mango Salsa is tropical, refreshing, and totally delicious!

Mango Pomegranate Salsa recipe

As I sit here and write today’s blog post and look out my window, I can’t help but chuckle a little bit. There is about 6 inches of snow on the ground, and it’s 55 degrees outside.

It’s been a long, snowy winter here in Ohio!

But, I’ve got exciting news. I’m taking a short breather away from the snow and headed down to Miami Florida for a little fun in the sun. (Oh please let it be sunny)! I’ll be attending the South Beach Food and Wine festival thanks to a partnership with Electrolux!

Mango Pomegranate Salsa recipe

I thought it only fitting to share something tropical today. Not that Miami is necessarily tropical (is it??), but it’s 82 degrees and sunny there right now, so yeah. In my book that’s tropical.

And what says tropical more than mango?

My family loves salsa! I was a little worried that my husband might get weirded out by the mango and pomegranate in this recipe, but he LOVED it. It was such an easy salsa to create, and would be delicious on tacos or fish. Or enjoy it like we did, with some spicy rice crackers. Of course tortilla chips would work too!

If you want to see the behind the scenes of my “tropical” getaway to Miami this weekend, be sure to follow me on instagram, twitter, and facebook!

Next week I’ll be sharing a little more about my trip, but I got my itinerary and I think I’m going to have fun! Burger Bash with Rachael Ray? Yes! Tour of the LUX Kitchen (I think some kitchen appliance envy may emerge!). Rockin’ Beach Party with Emeril Lagasse? BAM! Let’s not forget the cake decorating class with Sylvia Weinstock (I’m a wee bit intimidated by this one!!). Plus many more activities and meals along the way.

Electrolux is spoiling me this weekend and I can’t wait! I promise I’ll be back to share the juicy details (of the burger I ate?).

Okay, seriously, I have the best job, right? I get to eat salsa and go to Miami…jealous??

Mango Pomegranate Salsa recipe

Facebook | Twitter | Google+

Pinterest | instagram | Bloglovin’

Mango Salsa

Delicious Pomegranate Mango salsa, the perfect snack.

• 1/2 green pepper, seeded and diced
  • 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
  • 1/2 red onion, diced
  • 1 mango, diced
  • 3 Tbsp pomegranate arils (seeds)
  • 2 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 3/4 tsp kosher salt
  • pinch black pepper
  • 3 tsp cilantro, snipped
  • 1 lime, juiced

1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Serve and enjoy!

29 Responses to “Mango Salsa”

1. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 7:20 am

I love how colorful this salsa is! So pretty and such a fun twist :)

2. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 7:52 am

I definitely am thankful for today’s wacky (warmer) weather in Ohio today. Love your tropical salsa for the occasion 😀

• posted Feb 20, 2014 at 7:54 am

(Sorry for being redundant with the word “today.” I didn’t proofread, haha).

3. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 8:15 am

My kind of salsa right there! Love mango and the pom arils! pinned

4. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 8:25 am

This mango salsa looks fabulous. I just love pretty food. I don’t just want this as a salsa, I would eat this in a bowl by itself as a salad. The jalapeno is the perfect touch.

You are going to have so much fun in Miami. Can’t wait to hear all about it.

5. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 8:30 am

I live in Florida, and it is GORGEOUS right now! A lovely 80 degrees! You are gonna LOVE IT!

I am drooling over this mango salsa! Gorgeous, easy and I bet it would be FAB on some meat!

6. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 8:34 am

Please pass the chips! This looks incredible – have a great trip!!

7. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 8:36 am

I have been dreaming about tropical islands and warmer weather so this salsa is perfect! It looks amazing and I love all the pretty colors! We are big mango fans and it sounds awesome with the pomegranate seeds and jalapenos! Pinning :)

8. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 9:01 am

That sounds like an amazing trip. Can’t wait to see all your IG pics! And this salsa looks fantastic. I made salmon last night for dinner, and this would have been perfect on top!

9. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 9:46 am

That is one gorgeous looking salsa! I love all the colors and fruits in it! Definitely perfect for the “heat wave” we are having here in the midwest…or for celebrating fun job perks like basking in Miami weather. I am seriously so jealous…I’m thinking about sneaking into your luggage tonight. You can then sneak me into the parties, right? LOL! I can’t wait to follow along with your pics and celebrity schmoozing!

10. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 10:10 am

SO JEALOUS Aimee! Soak up some some for all of us here up north and have a great time!

11. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 10:25 am

This is gorgeous! A great way for summer in snow. :) Love the pom seeds on top!

12. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 1:12 pm

This almost looks to pretty to eat. Almost… Love salsa and love mango. You wanna switch places with me. I live in Cali and it was 85 yesterday. I want some cold… Have fun at your conference! :)

13. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 1:53 pm

Sounds fun and amazing Aimee! Hope it is bright and sunny for you. Loving this salsa!

14. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I am a major fan of sweet salsa, and this looks perfect for me! Have such a great time in Miami!! I’m so glad you’re going!

15. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Love mango salsa! My parents live in Cincinnati and they are so, so sick of all the snow this winter. They are ready to fly south too!

16. posted Feb 20, 2014 at 10:27 pm

Right now the weather in South Florida is beautiful. Hopefully it stays that way and doesn’t climb into the high 80s again while you are here! But I’m sure you will take that over snow and cold, right? :) Great salsa recipe! I think I could eat it right out of the bowl without the chips or crackers! Pinned. Enjoy your time in Miami! :)

• posted Feb 21, 2014 at 5:58 pm

Boo to cancelled flights. Hope I don’t have the same issues when BLogHer Food rolls around…

17. posted Feb 21, 2014 at 8:49 am

I love mango salsa! It has to be my favorite salsa of all time. Love the addition of the pomegranates. Beautiful. :)

18. posted Feb 21, 2014 at 9:02 am

Gotta love mango! I was introduced to it last summer and was hooked. I’ll take some tropical sunshine right now! Looks amazing!

• posted Feb 21, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I love mango too. I love buying it from costco, already peeled and sliced (lazy much?)

19. posted Feb 21, 2014 at 11:34 am

I so want this salsa!! Yummy!

20. posted Feb 21, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Wow, this looks so tasty and refreshing! Love it!

• posted Feb 21, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Thanks Shawn!! It does have a great fresh taste, that’s the good thing about homemade salsa!

21. posted Feb 22, 2014 at 2:33 pm

I guess that this mango salsa is very tasty. I think it will work great with some fish dishes or with other sea products. What do you usually serve it with?

22. posted Mar 4, 2014 at 3:33 pm

This salsa looks so vibrant and delicious, I can’t wait to taste it!