This easy, no bake peanut butter bars recipe is the answer to your Chocolate and Peanut Butter craving! Buckeye Bars are decadent bites of candy that melt in your mouth!
Why this Recipe is Best
If you are a true lover of Chocolate and Peanut Butter then this recipe is made for you!
If you LOVE buckeyes, today’s recipe is even better.
- Tastes like a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
- Easy no bake dessert!
- Chocolate and peanut butter in every bite.
- Great for a crowd!
Next time you’re craving chocolate and peanut butter, you’ll want to add our peanut butter brownies to your list next!
Five ingredients are all you need to make these easy no bake peanut butter bars.
- Butter- Either salted or unsalted butter will work great in today’s recipe. Avoid margarine as it can be too watery. You’ll need some for both layers!
- Powdered Sugar- Use this to sweeten the peanut butter mixture. Avoid granulated sugar because you don’t want it grainy.
- Peanut Butter- We prefer using a shelf stable peanut butter, like Skippy or Jif. Natural peanut butters can be too oily.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar- semi-sweet morsels can be used instead.
PRO TIP- We love making our own homemade vanilla extract, but if using store bought, be sure it’s pure extract, not imitation (for best flavor).
I’ve seen other recipes that use graham crackers crushed into the bar, and while I’m sure that is delicious, this recipe has no graham cracker crumbs.
How to make Peanut Butter Bars
Buckeye bars taste just like a Reese’s peanut butter cup. And making a whole batch will ensure that you have plenty for days to come.
What’s so great about them is that you can whip them up in no time. Unlike buckeyes, there’s no rolling and dipping!
- Peanut Butter layer- melt butter and mix with powdered sugar and peanut butter.
- Press into pan- Be sure to line your pan with foil or parchment paper. This makes it easy to lift out and cut into bars.
- Ganache- make a chocolate ganache to pour over the top. Whether you use our original recipe with heavy cream, or this easy chocolate and butter version, both are incredible.
Tips and Tricks
- AVOID THE CRACKING. If you don’t want your chocolate to “crack” when cutting your bars, don’t refrigerate these bars. Cut them as soon as the chocolate sets (about 30 minutes room temperature).
- Use ghirardelli melting wafers in place of the chocolate chips for easy melting and delicious flavor.
- Store in airtight container for up to one week.
If you’re looking for more peanut butter treats…have you made these Buckeye Brownies yet? They are calling my name!
You could also give these easy, no bake Peanut Butter Smores Bars a try! Ready in 15 minutes, and only 4 ingredients!
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
- Three Musketeers Recipe
- Buckeye Brownie Cookies
- Tiger Butter
- Avalanche Cookies