Serve pizza for dessert tonight! This Caramel Apple Sugar Cookie Pizza features juicy apples and chopped nuts baked on a soft cookie crust with caramel cheesecake topping. Drizzled with caramel, it’s the perfect easy dessert for fall.
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe is the Best
Making a cookie pizza is so easy! You may remember this Macadamia Cookie Pizza I shared a couple years ago!
It was the inspiration for today’s recipe.
- Instead of macadamias, I used cashews in this version. Their natural sweetness is a terrific match for the apple flavor.
- A layer of cream cheese holds everything together.
- The dessert pizza gets drizzled generously caramel sauce for a decadent touch.
My goal for this recipe was easy. Delicious. Convenient. I think it’s been achieved! You’ll have to try our easy caramel apple cupcake recipe next!
- Sugar cookie dough. I used refrigerated sugar cookie dough. Feel free to use a homemade sugar cookie dough instead if you prefer. Whether you choose a tube of dough or the break and bakes is fine…they will all get pressed into a circle.
- Apples. Peeled and cut into slices. You’ll need about 4 medium sized apples.
- Caramel sauce. We use the bottled sauce that you put on ice cream. You can use our homemade caramel sauce or even butterscotch sauce if you prefer.
- Cashews. Peanuts are also a delicious option, or keep it nut free.
- Place the sugar cookie dough onto a round pizza stone. Use the heel of your hand to stretch the dough into a disk.
- Bake the cookie dough crust for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- While it’s baking, beat together the cream cheese and powdered sugar. Beat in 1/4 cup of the caramel sauce.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Arrange apple slices and cashew pieces on top.
Finally, drizzle the whole sugar cookie pizza with the rest of the caramel sauce. Slice and serve!
If you don’t have a pizza stone, you can bake this on a cookie sheet. Shape the dough into a rectangle on the cookie sheet before baking. Slice into squares for serving.
I like apples with a bit of tartness to balance the sweetness of the caramel. Honeycrisp and pink lady apples are delicious choices!
Leftover Caramel Apple Sugar Cookie Pizza should be covered and stored in the refrigerator. Good luck having any leftovers of this one, though. When I made it, no one could resist coming back for an extra slice (or two)!
More Easy Fall Recipes
- Apple Pie Poke Cake: delicious cake recipe that’s perfect for the holidays!
- Apple Crumble
- Homemade Caramels
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Classic Apple Pie
- Pumpkin Crumb Cake
- Pumpkin Scones– like Starbucks!
Caramel Apple Sugar Cookie Pizza
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough 16.5 ounce
- 1 package cream cheese, softened 8 ounce
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup caramel sauce
- 4 ½ cups sliced apples about 4 apples
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- 3 Tablespoons caramel sauce
- Line a 15-inch round baking sheet (pizza stone) with parchment paper. Heat oven to 350 degree.
- Open package of sugar cookie dough and press it onto the parchment paper with the heel of your hand. Press evenly into a 12-inch circle. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and 1/4 cup caramel sauce. Blend for about 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Spread cream cheese over cooled cookie pizza. Arrange sliced apples over cream cheese layer.
- Add chopped cashews and drizzle with remaining caramel sauce. Slice and enjoy!
- Using pre-sliced apples makes this recipe even easier! Find them already peeled and ready to use in the produce section of your grocery store.
- Line the pizza stone with parchment paper before adding the sugar cookie dough. It helps prevent sticking and makes removing the baked crust easier.
- Feel free to swap the cashews for walnuts, pecans or peanuts.
- Love caramel and apples? Try these delicious caramel apple cheesecake bars next!
- See the blog post for more recipe tips and tricks.
An easy dessert pizza recipe with apples and gooey caramel. This Sugar Cookie Pizza will bring big smiles to your table!