Mini No Bake Cheesecakes might just be the easiest cheesecake recipe ever. Combine a few simple ingredients in a homemade Oreo crust and you’ll have the perfect creamy, sweet miniature cheesecakes to impress your dinner guests.
Like these Mini Cherry Cheesecakes our readers love, these adorable cheesecakes are full of creamy flavor. No bake instructions make this recipe even easier! Our full size no bake cheesecake recipe is a reader favorite!
Table of Contents
Why this Recipe is Best
This dessert is the intersection of impressively delicious and unbelievably easy! You’ll get consistent results each and every time.
- The oreo pie crust is the perfect vehicle for vanilla cheesecake filling.
- Melted white chocolate is folded into the creamy center making it even more rich and luscious.
- Mini cheesecakes are delicious served plain or topped with whipped cream and fresh berries.
- With a no bake cheesecake recipe you don’t need to worry about cracking tops or water baths.
You could also add some festive sprinkles like we did with our funfetti no bake cheesecake recipe too.
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
- Heavy whipping cream. The cream should be kept COLD in the fridge until you’re ready to add it to your mixing bowl.
- Cream cheese. Unlike the whipping cream, you’ll want to let the cream cheese sit on the counter for a few minutes. When it’s softened it’s easier to incorporate with the cream.
- Oreos. We used classic chocolate Oreo sandwich cookies for the no bake mini cheesecake crust. You can swap them for Nilla wafers or graham crackers if preferred.
- Butter. I use unsalted butter in this recipe. Salted butter would work just fine too.
- Vanilla. Choose a pure vanilla extract or try my homemade vanilla extract for today’s cheesecake.
- Start by making the crust. I pulse the Oreos in a food processor, then stir in melted butter.
- Press the crust into the bottoms of a lined muffin pan.
- Now, whip the heavy cream, then beat together the filing ingredients. Spoon about 1/4 cup of it over each mini crust.
- Chill the mini cheesecakes for a few hours until firm. Or leave them in the fridge over night!
Tips & Tricks
- Use a cold bowl. When beating the whipping cream, use a cold clean metal bowl. This helps the cream form stiff peaks that give the cheesecake an amazing consistency.
- Toppings: Enjoy your mini cheesecakes topped with fresh raspberries, strawberries, blueberries or your favorite berry compote. A spoonful of your favorite cherry pie filling would be delicious too. Homemade lemon curd or toasted coconut are delicious on top as well. Holidays call for some sugared cranberries!
- Make ahead option: These no bake mini cheesecakes can be made up to 3 -5 days in advance. Store in an airtight container without toppings in the fridge until ready to eat.
- MORE: We love cheesecake. These oreo cheesecake bites and these lemon cheesecake bites are family favorites. Unlike today’s recipe, you bake and cut them into squares.
Mummy Cheesecakes- skip the whipped cream on top and pipe some white chocolate over the tops of the cheesecakes. Press on a pair of candy eyes and you have an instant Halloween cheesecake treat!
Peppermint Cheesecakes– make our easy peppermint filling instead!
Yes, if you end up with leftovers, freezing is a great option. Freeze on a parchment lined baking sheet for about 30 minutes until hardened. Once frozen, transfer to freezer safe bags or wrap individually in foil. They keep well in the freezer for about 3 months.
No bake cheesecakes get runny for 3 reasons. The first common culprit of a runny cheesecake is low fat or low quality cream cheese. Lower fat cream cheese has more moisture which results in a soggier cheesecake. Second, make sure to beat your cream to stiff peaks. You need to do this before adding it to the cream cheese. No bake mini cheesecakes can also end up runny if they’re not refrigerated long enough. These are usually set after about 4 hours, but may take longer depending on your fridge temperature.
When the whipping cream is beaten long enough, the peaks will start to stand up in a straight point when you lift the beaters. If the cream sinks or falls immediately, keep beating!
More Easy Dessert Recipes
- Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- Apple Crumble
- Banana Pudding
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
Mini No Bake Cheesecakes
For the crust
- 20 Oreo sandwich cookies
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter melted
For the filling
- 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 packages 8 ounce each cream cheese, softened
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse Oreos until they are fine crumbs. Stir in the melted butter. Fill each cupcake liner with about 1 1/2 Tablespoons of crumbs. Press firmly with back of a spoon or a tart shaper to pack the crumbs tightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler until smooth.
- Immediately stir the white chocolate into the cream cheese. Gently fold in the vanilla extract and whipped cream.
- Fill cupcake liners with cheesecake filling, using about 1/4 cup of filling for each one.
- Refrigerate at least four hours, or overnight.
- Serve plain or with whipped cream and fresh berries. Add white chocolate shavings if desired.
- Make sure mixing bowl is clean and dry before adding cold cream, otherwise peaks will not form.
- To melt white chocolate with a double boiler, place saucepan on medium high heat with one inch of water. Place double boiler or glass bowl over saucepan. Add white chocolate chips to glass bowl and stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Make Ahead. These mini cheesecakes can be made ahead and kept in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Stored in an airtight container they will last 3-5 days refrigerated. Store them without topping, and top when ready to serve.
- Freezing. Leftover mini cheesecakes can be frozen. Place them on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze for at least 30 minutes to harden. Then remove from the freezer and wrap each cheesecake with plastic wrap. They can then be wrapped individually in a layer of aluminum foil, or placed in an airtight
container, and returned to the freezer. They will keep for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before serving.
- Substitutions. Graham crackers or nilla wafers can be used in place of the Oreos. Or try golden Oreos or Nutter butters!
- White Chocolate Shavings: melt white chocolate and pour into a thin layer on a metal cookie sheet. Let harden, then use a metal spatula to scrape and push curls of white chocolate.
No need to turn on the oven to make eye catching and mouthwatering mini cheesecakes! This easy 6 ingredient no bake recipe is perfect for any occasion or celebration.