Chicken Taco Soup
This is one fabulous crockpot soup! I love soup, and I love my crockpot, so I made you all this tasty little concoction. I don’t know if it actually tastes like tacos, but it has taco seasoning. It’s far different from my tortilla soup (which I’m craving and will be making soon, and sharing that recipe as well).
This makes a lot of soup, so be ready to eat! Or invite friends over for dinner. Or invite me over, after all, I shared the recipe with you! Tomorrow at 6? Perfect.
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 16 oz jar salsa (use your favorite here- I just use ChiChi’s medium Original)
- 32 oz chicken stock
- 2- 11oz cans Mexicorn, drained
- 1 1/2 oz package taco seasoning
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 lb chicken breasts
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In large crockpot, combine all ingredients except cream cheese and sour cream. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours. Half an hour before serving, remove chicken, shred it, and return to pot. Stir in sour cream and cream cheese.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla strips and guacamole. Enjoy!
Copyright Shugary Sweets 2011-2013